Today I went to Redscroll Records in Wallingford CT around 9 AM to do some shopping for record store day! Prices were marked down 15% for everything in the store, and they also had a number of exclusive Record Store Day items. I almost bought The Money Store by Death Grips but decided against it because I didn’t want to spend another $15 or so.
Clockwise from top left:
- LCD Soundsystem - “Losing My Edge” b/w “Beat Connection” (Disco Dub version) 12” DFA Records
- Sufjan Stevens & Rosie Thomas - Hit & Run Vol. 1 split 7” Sing-A-Long Records
- St. Vincent - “KROKODIL” b/w “Grot” 7” 4AD Records
- Beach House - “Lazuli” b/w “Equal Mind” 7” Sub Pop Records
- Grandaddy - The Sophtware Slump (2011 reissue) 12” The Control Group
- Bomb The Music Industry! - Vacation (2011 original pressing) 12” Really Records
I think I made a good haul today, and I’m particularly proud of the three 7” records I bought, all of which were Record Store Day exclusives. The colors of the St. Vincent and Beach House 7”s are particularly beautiful. The Bomb The Music Industry! LP is half clear and half red, which makes it look like a Pokeball. I’m excited to spend some time with these records in the coming days.
Redscroll also gave me a goodie bag that came with a 7”, a few CDs, pins, stickers from The Needle Drop, and a Topshelf Records 2011 sampler, which has my face on the front.
Did any of my followers go out for Record Store Day today? Photo-reply with some pictures of the records your bought!